Appraisals are done by Reesor's in house Gemologist.
CALL : 204 726 9100 FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Why is it important to get a jewelry appraisal?
There are several reasons why it makes sense to have your jewelry appraised.
- You want to have a jeweller make sure your newly purchased ring, necklace, bracelet, etc. is in prime condition. If your item is not evaluated and appraised properly, you may risk it becoming damaged or lost due to a loose prong or other defect not immediately obvious to someone who isn’t professionally trained.
- It’s not expensive to get an appraisal! Most jewelers charge anywhere from $25-$50 per item. This cost is absolutely justified when you compare it to the value of your jewelry piece.
- Documenting the true value of your diamond engagement ring and other pieces of jewelry can help you avoid disputes about the value of those pieces down the road if you ever need to make an insurance claim. If it’s a new purchase, getting an appraisal can be an additional way to validate your ownership.
- If you ever lose or damage your piece of jewellery, you will need a detailed description of it so that your jeweller will be able to get or create a replacement that is as close to the original as possible. Imagine losing an item, not having proper documentation, and your jeweler telling you there’s not enough information to properly replace your jewelry. With a good appraisal, the jeweler would have the details they need to replace the piece.
- Insurance! Most insurance companies require an appraisal to insure your jewellery. If your insurance company doesn’t need an appraisal . When you know the specific details of the piece of jewelry and its appraised value, you will get an accurate insurance quote. Otherwise you could end up underinsuring the piece and risking out of pocket costs to replace it, or you could overpay for insurance (year after year) if the appraisal has an inflated value.
- Always discuss with your insurance company as what you already have for coverage for jewellery, and what items you should schedule. not all items you have apprised need to be on a rider.